Discover some mouth-watering flavor combinations from NYC, with tea cocktails and cheese pairings. The new secret behind our favorite party host.
Murray’s cheese experts in NYC came up with tea cocktail recipes using P & T’s Master Blends and paired them with some funky cheese. Surprise your palate and those of your friends with these mouth-watering flavor combinations.
Tea and cheese? Yes please!
The Macallan (Whisky) Scotch Tea
A deeply sweet bergamot twist on a classic for passionate debates.
Prep Time: 5 min / Serves 1
- 60ml Macallan Double Cask 12 Year
- Grated nutmeg
- 3 dashes Angostura
- 20ml lemon
- Barspoon Scottish Heather honey
- 15ml P & T Brave New Earl tea syrup
P & T Brave New Earl Syrup
Measure out 6g of P & T Brave New Earl, pour 250ml water at 90°C and infuse for 2 minutes. After steeping, add 250g Turbinado sugar to the mixture. Stir to allow the sugar to mix into the mixture and cool down to room temperature. Bottle it up and store it in the refrigerator.
- Combine The Macallan Double Cask 12 Years Old, grated nutmeg, Angostura bitters, lemon, Scottish Heather Honey, and tea syrup.
- Stir ingredients with ice cubes
- Pour into a glass filled with ice
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and a dehydrated lemon wheel.
Pairs well with firm Sheep’s milk cheese that rich and nutty with a deepened flavor, like a 1 year Manchego.
Forthave (Gin) White Tea G&T
A bright and herbaceous twist on a summer sipper.
Prep Time: 6 hours / Serves 1
- 12g P & T Perfect Day White Tea
- 750ml Forthave Spirits Blue Gin
- 60ml Infusion of gin and tea
- 60ml Tonic water
- 1 Lime wedge
P & T Perfect Day infused gin
Infuse 12 grams of P & T Perfect Day white tea with 750ml of Forthave Spirits Blue Gin at room temperature for 6 hours. Strain out the tea leaves and bottle gin for use.
- In a tall collins glass filled with ice, add gin and tonic water.
- Stir to mix and add a wedge of lime to garnish.
Pair it with rind cheese that is bold and earthy with a bit of salty funk, like Chevrot.
The Ginger Switch
A non-alcoholic and energizing cleanse of sweet maple and ginger.
Prep Time: 5 min / Serves 1
- 20ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 30ml Maple Syrup
- 3g P & T Hariman Classic Chai
- 15ml ginger juice
- 20ml lemon juice
- Process ginger through a juicer or zest and strain to remove all pulp.
- Steep 3g of P & T Hariman Classic Chai Tea in 250ml water at 100°C and allow to cool down.
- Combine cider vinegar, maple syrup, ginger juice, tea and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake well until combined and chilled throughout.
- Strain into a glass and serve over ice, garnished with crystallized ginger
Pairs well with cheese that is crumbly and a bit of crunchy with sweet, caramelly flavors that are quintessential to goat’s cheese, like a Goat’s milk cheddar.